Sunday, September 15, 2013

More of the Winners

Honor, Michigan

Traveling at the end of the week, and recovering, yesterday, I didn't keep up with the Honda drive-in theater promotion, but this is my shot of The Cherry Bowl, which was their second winner. I made this with my 8x10 in September of 2011.

Graham, Texas

The Graham theater, another 8x10 shot, from June of 2012

The McHenry, Honda's fourth winner, is new to me, not in my collection. I don't think it appears in the main online theater lists I've used for my research. Neither were the two theaters I photographed up in New Hampshire last week. It was never my goal simply to catalog the theaters by shooting every single one, but it's a little annoying to find there are theaters that my research never turned up. The campaign must be making good publicity for Honda because they announced that they will award four additional digital projection systems, for a total of nine.

Newburgh, Oregon

The fifth contest winner. My camera position was out in the shoulder of a busy four-lane highway, so I did this one with digital capture, hand-held, late June, 2012.

No comments: